Activities : Hiking
For the seriously energetic there are a number of challenging hikes.
Here is a selection:
* Tugela Hike (7km) - from Tugela river mouth, amble back to the resort along the empty beaches, pick up a ferry ride home.
* Nkonka Trail (4km) - first half dune forest and back along the beach
* Nonoti beach walk (6km) - there and back to Nonoti lagoon
* Harold Johnson Nature Reserve trails, through grass- and woodlands, amongst zebra and buck
* Unique elevated board walk in the forest canopy of Eshowe
* Many more interesting options within an hours drive (forest, mountain, palm grove, mangrove etc.)